Monday, October 14, 2013

I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOU DO

I want to hear ALL ABOUT YOUR GOD. I want to know about what you believe and how it impacts your decisions. I do NOT want to be PREACHED TO or CONVERTED. I want to be EXPOSED.

BIBLE BASHERS: I don't know if your parents used the good book as a weapon on you, or if a priest touched you inappropriately. I do not know and I do not care what happened to you in the past. It is the past and YOU CHOOSE to LET IT DEFINE YOU. What I do care about, is who you are today. Who the person sharing my air with me is, and what type of thoughts you are sharing with those you influence.

INDIAN STORY ABOUT TWO WOLVES
An old story I have heard a million times says that each of us has two wolves inside us that are constantly fighting. Then someone asks "who wins" and the answer is "the wolf that you feed."

I reference this story often, and no matter how many times I have shared it, it has always been received well. Meantime, in BIBLE BASHER CAMP, I start to reference a story about Paul and am met with "BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE NO MORE BIBLE!"

There comes a time in our life that we have to accept that THE BIBLE is A BOOK. You cannot deny that it is a book, and people will reference it. There are some fantastic stories in the bible and since so many people are familiar with the book, it provides a great reference point. PEOPLE give OBJECTS VALUE. PEOPLE give MEANING to MATERIAL THINGS.

BIBLE PUSHERS: I read the BIBLE as a book, and if I tell you I am referencing it as a book of fiction, you cannot do anything more than disagree with my assessment and move on. Getting me caught in a debate about what it is or isn't is not showing me the meaning of being a Christian or moving our conversation forward. I however, do NOT want you to CENSOR your language. BE YOURSELF AND BE REAL.

HERE ON G+ you enter ALONE and you are the only one REPRESENTING YOU.

We the people on G+ are ACTIVELY and COLLECTIVELY, FEEDING THE MINDS OF BILLIONS OF PEOPLE on EARTH.

BIBLE BASHERS and BIBLE PUSHERS: You are so polarized that you are the SAME PEOPLE stuck in the SAME ARGUMENTS on DIFFERENT SIDES. Please STOP THE INSANITY! And MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!


No comments: